Mr. Vevone graduated from Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences in 2000 (cum laude) and from Georgetown University Law Center in 2003 (cum laude). Mr. Vevone practices in the Business Law, Intellectual Property, and Real Estate areas, focusing on governance and commercial transactions, including joint ventures; licensing; and, other corporate transactions arising out of the day-to-day operations of closely-held businesses. In the real estate practice, he works with commercial owners and developers in various matters, including conveyancing, leasing, land use and zoning, title insurance and private and state financing transactions.
Mr. Vevone’s business practice extends to intellectual property law, including, patent licensing, trademark and copyright. He regularly obtains trademark registration, both state and federal, for clients. His experience includes preparing and negotiating licensing agreements among both intellectual property holders and those desiring to obtain rights to intellectual property.
Mr. Vevone serves as counsel to a number of real estate clients, including regional and national developers and investors, in connection with shopping center and mixed-use development projects. He assists developers in structuring and documenting purchase transactions with investor subscription; financing; and, tax deferred exchange.
Mr. Vevone has considerable experience representing business owners in connection with obtaining trademark and copyright registrations and is routinely sought as counsel for trademark and patent licensing. He is often engaged to assist clients in enforcing their intellectual property rights against infringement actions. Mr. Vevone has also provided representation to clients contesting infringement claims.
His experience and practice focus also involves the specialized area of transportation law, and Mr. Vevone is routinely engaged in connection with various transportation; transloading; and, other related matters.
Prior to joining Seder & Chandler, Mr. Vevone worked as an American consultant for a Japanese intellectual property attorney (benrishi) in Tokyo, Japan.
- Massachusetts, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2011
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. – 2003
- Honors: cum laude
- Temple University Law School Japan, Tokyo
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- B.A. – 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics
- Mgmt Etc, Inc. – Real Estate
- Grafton Upton Rail Care, LLC – Transportation, Bus
- Bertrucci’s Inc. – Real Estate, Bus
- IBA, Inc. – IP
- Intellectual Property Review, SCORE, 2014 – Present
- Intellectual Property Review, MLK Business, 2013 – Present
- Piercing the Corporate Veil, WCBA, 2009 – Present
- First Time Homebuyer, Home Ownership Center, 2006 to 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- Boston Bar Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- MA Real Estate Bar Association, 2005 to Present
- MA Bar Association, 2003 to Present
- Worcester County Bar Association, 2004 to Present
- ABA IP Section – Trademark Litigation Committee
- ABA IP Section – Trademark Transactions Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Osuga and Associates, Intellectual Property, Tokyo, Japan, 2003
Pro Bono Activities
- Audio Journal, 2006 to 2008
- Real Estate Broker