Our intellectual property attorneys offer clients a full range of legal services relating to the acquisition; maintenance; and, enforcement of intellectual property and related assets. The firm’s services include providing innovative counseling to both established companies and start-up firm clients involving trademarks; trade secrets; patents; copyrights; and, privacy. Our attorneys also litigate these issues in federal and state courts.
The firm’s experience extends to various intellectual property transactions, including negotiating and drafting licenses and handling a wide variety of matters that relate to the creation, use, licensing and transfer of information technologies. Our attorneys have significant experience in drafting licenses, non-disclosure, collaboration, manufacturing and distribution agreements.
Our attorneys strive to create or add and maximize the value of our client’s technologies and their portfolios through not only an understanding of intellectual property matters, but also an understanding of our client’s underlying science and technology and business models.
- Trademark: Our attorneys have years of experience assisting clients in obtaining, protecting and enforcing trademarks. The firm’s services include: conducting and reviewing searches and investigations for trademark clearance; preparing opinion letters; filing and prosecuting trademark applications; handling the prosecution and defense of trademark administrative proceedings; monitoring and policing the use of trademarks by third parties; and, providing general trademark and domain name counseling.
- Copyright: The firm’s intellectual property attorneys provide copyright advice to a wide range of clients, particularly software developers and authors. Our lawyers also have extensive experience with representing content creators, including authors and artists, and assisting them in obtaining, protecting and enforcing their copyright.
- Licensing: Our attorneys handle the entire spectrum of intellectual property and technology licensing arrangements, ranging from traditional license agreements to complex ventures for joint development of products, applications and systems. We regularly advise clients with trademark licenses; software licenses; software development; distribution agreements; manufacturing agreements; and, joint venture agreements.
- Manufacture, Supply and Distribution: The firm’s intellectual property and business attorneys regularly represent companies in manufacture; supply; and, distribution contracts. We have represented companies in the pharmaceutical; chemical; and, other industries with key manufacture, supply, and distribution agreements. From our many years of experience, we have substantial experience with these critical types of commercial arrangements and the legal and strategic issues involved therein.
- Privacy and Cybersecurity: Our attorneys help companies navigate and comply with the evolving landscape of privacy law issues. With the significant increase in the number of actual and attempted data security breaches, which result in high cost responses, data security has become a top priority. The firm can provide clients with the key resources they need to prepare for, and respond to, data security incidents.
- Litigation: The firm represents clients in their most important intellectual property disputes, whether in federal or state court, before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, or in mediation or arbitration. Our attorneys represent clients in all aspects of intellectual property litigation, including copyright and trademark infringement; Lanham Act claims; trade secret litigation; and, patent infringement actions. We guard clients’ key products and brands, both by defending against infringement allegations and enforcing intellectual property rights. Our experience allows us to creatively and strategically manage every phase of a case, often enabling us to resolve our clients’ matters prior to trial. When cases do advance to trial, our clients benefit from the experience of our litigators, who have had notable success in federal and state court, as well as in the other forums in which such disputes are adjudicated.
Contact Our Expert Worcester Intellectual Property Lawyers Today.
Our business-driven solutions result in meaningful victories for our clients, through leveraging our extensive experience in the operation of businesses to identify potential non-legal means of resolving disputes and providing a multidisciplinary approach by incorporating advice from firm attorneys on issues outside of intellectual property, as needed. Contact our office today.