James O’Brien, Jr. is Of Counsel at SederLaw, practicing in the firm’s Litigation & ADR areas. Over the course of his expansive career, Mr. O’Brien has successfully represented clients in a number of litigation matters including multidistrict proceedings and other complex state and federal litigations. He has been involved in securing significant victories for clients, including one of the highest verdicts awarded by a Worcester Superior Court jury.
Mr. O’Brien’s practice concentrates primarily in diverse civil matters such as contract and tort claims between individuals and corporations, complex commercial litigation, personal injury claims, stockholder disputes, medical malpractice, government relations, municipal disputes, and employment litigation. He takes an active role in managing all stages of litigation in those matters from pretrial proceedings and discovery to trial to appeals.
His clients benefit from his deep experience, personable style, and intellectual approach to resolving disputes effectively and thoroughly.
- Massachusetts, Supreme Judicial Court
- U.S. District Court of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Boston College Law School
- College of the Holy Cross
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Worcester County Bar Association (President, 1999–2000)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Governor’s Council, Seventh District (1987–1995)
- The Hanover Theater (Board Member 2000-2014; Board Chairman, 2010–2014)
- Worcester Regional Transit Authority (Counsel, 1974–2004)
- Preservation Worcester, Counsel
- Worcester Airport Commission, (Member, 1976-1987; Chairman, 1984-1986)
- Worcester Regional Research Bureau, Inc., Board Member