Commercial real estate law is a multifaceted practice area. Having skilled legal representation means having a trusted partner who is both familiar with the complexities of commercial real estate and who is creative and flexible enough to respond to inevitable project surprises. SederLaw regularly represents various parties in development projects, and does so with an eye towards cost-effective service and advocacy for the rights of our clients.
Who We Represent For Commercial Real Estate
SederLaw proudly serves a wide range of Massachusetts commercial real estate clients. Our clients include:
- Pension Funds
- Commercial developers (both for profit and not for profit)
- Buyers and sellers
- Local and national lenders
- Real estate investors
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Landlords and Tenant
- Property management companies
Our clients look to us to guide them through all aspects of their commercial real estate needs. Whether we are retained at the beginning of a project, or later when an unforeseen issue has arisen we pride ourselves on being responsive, highly effective attorneys who are able to craft the solutions needed for your particular matter.
Legal Services We Provide
Even the most carefully planned commercial real estate project doesn’t always go according to plan. From financing or construction delays, disputes between landlords and tenants, permitting or zoning problems, our lawyers are prepared to successfully resolve these and other issues concerning your real estate matter:
- Purchase and sale agreements. We handle all aspects of the purchase and sale process, from negotiating terms to drafting, revising, and executing all necessary documents.
- Conveyance documents and instruments. Deeds, and other documents and instruments will be a part of the overall process.
- Financing. Your project will likely require substantial financing to get off the ground, and our firm can assist with securing what you need. We will help prepare all bank/lender paperwork.
- Resolving title, lien, easement, and other issues. Clean title is an essential requirement for any project. Finally, we work to clear any liens, easements, or other encumbrances, as a Agents for two national title insurance companies, we provide required title insurance.
- Permitting. We secure the necessary local, state, or federal permits to ensure the project won’t encounter any unnecessary delays.
- Zoning and land use. We understand the zoning process and regularly represent developers and owners before municipal boards to obtain required zoning and land use approvals.
- Title Insurance. Your commercial real estate project is likely to need title insurance coverage to protect your or your lenders’ interests. We can advise and assist you in obtaining cost effective coverage.
- Commercial leasing. Our lawyers are regularly engaged in commercial leasing and lease negotiations representing both landlords and tenant for office, retail, and industrial projects. We can also address any landlord-tenant disputes that can arise during the process.
SederLaw Is Up To The Challenge
Real estate development of any kind is fraught with risks. Commercial real estate, especially in Massachusetts, can be particularly challenging, due to the Commonwealth’s 351 cities and towns, each with its own local ordinances and requirements and the Boards who enforce these bylaws.
Having a qualified law firm doesn’t simply mean a team of professionals who are familiar with commercial real estate law. You also need an ally who knows the local rules, codes, boards, and decision-makers. We regularly appear on behalf of clients before boards, commissions, and other administrative entities to ensure their rights and interests are properly represented.
Contact Our Commercial Real Estate Attorney
Our lawyers have handled numerous real estate projects. Contact SederLaw to set up your initial consultation with us today.