The Employment Law Group works with employers to help them achieve their business objectives in compliance with various Federal and State wage and hour laws. We work with our clients to ensure the proper procedures are in place that would lead to potential litigation, including:
- properly classifying employees as exempt or nonexempt from the Federal and State minimum wage and overtime requirements;
- recognizing what is compensable working time, and what is not;
- evaluating payroll, salary basis and recordkeeping requirements and issues;
- understanding how to calculate the regular rate that is used to determine any overtime compensation due; and
- identifying records and notices to employees to be kept in order to evidence compliance with the law.