The family law practice at Seder & Chandler, LLP, serves the varying needs of people before, during and after a divorce. We are adept at negotiating sophisticated marital agreements with unique custody, asset or support concerns. We successfully conduct trials for clients whose cases cannot be settled.
Our experience extends beyond the initial divorce to appeals, post-divorce modification matters, and enforcement of judgments, if necessary, through contempt actions. We also represent unmarried parents, same-sex couples and members of nontraditional families with legal questions.
For the specific advice of an experienced family law lawyer, contact our law firm today. We have conveniently located offices in Worcester and Westborough to better serve you.
Representation In All Types Of Family Law Matters
Our attorneys counsel clients with complicated family law issues in Central Massachusetts and MetroWest Boston. Our representation includes:
- Divorce-related concerns: We represent families in all matters related to divorce. We help clients with concerns that stem from divorce. These may include: when to pay alimony and for how long, the amount and type of alimony, complex asset divisions, treatment of trust or business assets, support and custodial matters involving your children, payment of educational costs and other concerns.
- Legal concerns after divorce: As your life changes in the years after your divorce, we can assist with post-judgment modification of parenting plans and support obligations. When it is necessary, we also represent clients in contempt actions and enforcement of family court orders from other states. We also help clients revise their estate plans after getting divorced.
- Issues involving children: We help our clients create custody and parenting plans that meet their unique needs, and we educate parents about their child support obligations.
- Dividing assets or a family business in divorce: We have the financial and business skills to help clients create and implement legal strategies. For couples with significant assets, we help them with asset valuation and liquidation, as well as valuation of trust assets and family-owned businesses.
- Dividing debt in divorce: Dividing debts can be complicated, especially if a business is involved or the value of the assets changed over time. In addition, because each attorney at our firm focuses on specific areas of law, we are well-suited to undertake divorce cases that involve family-owned businesses, complex property division or even bankruptcy concerns.
- Representation for unmarried couples: Unmarried couples who are in domestic partnerships face many of the same challenges that legal couples face, but they do so without the laws and benefits of marriage. We also provide legal counsel for other matters that arise for unmarried couples, including helping fathers establish paternity, and drafting and reviewing prenuptial agreements.
- LGBT issues: We recognize that nontraditional families face the same types of legal challenges as any other families do, and we are committed to providing respectful, sensitive representation in everything from same-sex divorce to adoptions.
A clear understanding of your legal rights and responsibilities — together with a frank assessment of your goals for yourself and your family — will guide you toward a resolution of the issues raised in your divorce or other family problem.
Get Flexible Family Law Counsel Tailored To Your Specific Needs
When your interests require it, however, our attorneys have the trial skills necessary to present your position clearly and persuasively in court on a disputed divorce or family law matter. Our attorneys have handled cases in a variety of counties throughout the Commonwealth. For additional information about the family law practice at Seder & Chandler, LLP, contact us today.