In recent years, the term "elder law" has come to serve as a convenient summary of the ways an attorney can address the financial, practical and personal problems that elderly people and their families might face, especially after the loss of the ability to live independently. An effective elder law attorney will combine experience and skills from a range of legal disciplines including: estate planning, taxation and probate.
An awareness of the complex and vitally important legal issues that people might encounter as they age can be invaluable in the preparation and revision of estate plans. To discuss your situation with lawyers who can help you proactively address the legal challenges involved in comprehensive elder care planning, contact Seder & Chandler, LLP, today. With offices conveniently located in both Worcester and Westborough, we serve clients throughout Massachusetts, including Central Massachusetts and the MetroWest Boston area.
Sound Advice About Massachusetts Elder Law
- Avoiding the need for guardianship or conservatorship through estate planning techniques
- Considering guardianship if no prior plans are in place for protecting loved ones in a period of incapacity
- Monitoring the performance of guardians, conservators and other fiduciaries acting in the interests of another
- Planning for safe and comfortable housing and arrangements for assisted living
- Protecting eligibility for Medicaid
- Recovering assets lost to financial exploitation
- Pursuing claims for personal injury or wrongful death against negligent nursing homes
It is never too late or too soon to plan for your future. Particularly if you have high-value assets or are concerned about the succession of family-owned businesses, it is vitally important that your wishes are conveyed and your interests protected. Our lawyers can guide you through the planning and offer informed advice about potential pitfalls of any particular course of action, helping you avoid future consequences.
Learn More Today
For more information about the scope of Seder & Chandler, LLP's, elder law practice, contact our firm today.