Do you own, or are you considering starting or purchasing a restaurant or a restaurant franchise? Are you facing a legal challenge involving a franchise? For nearly a century, Seder & Chandler has represented businesses, business owners and prospective business owners throughout the greater Boston area, including providing advice to restaurateurs, franchisors and franchisees.
One of our lawyers, Howard E. Stempler, was a successful restaurant owner and has firsthand experience with many of the challenges restaurant and restaurant franchise owners face. Together with the rest of our legal team, Mr. Stempler provides strategic planning advice and legal support to start-up and established hospitality businesses, restaurants and restaurant franchises.
To speak with an experienced, knowledgeable restaurant or hospitality attorney, please contact Seder & Chandler.
From Inception To Operation
Purchasing, developing and managing a restaurant, hospitality or restaurant franchise business can be challenging. Seder & Chandler lawyers who practice in the restaurant industry provide comprehensive counsel to restaurant companies and their owners, operators, managers, landlords, tenants, franchisors and lenders. We negotiate relationships between clients and their business partners, customers, and suppliers, including strategic alliances, equity, franchise, and license agreements, and hotel management and lease agreements. Seder & Chandler attorneys also provide guidance on risk-management, insurance and tort liability issues.
Our restaurant and franchise practice includes, but is not limited to:
- Forming the business or franchise, including preparing Franchise Disclosure Documents and franchise agreements
- Advising and assisting in developing the business concept and business plan
- Registering trademarks and other intellectual property
- Compliance training
- Marketing and brand development strategy
- Ensuring compliance with disclosure, reporting and federal tax requirements
- Lease negotiation and real estate purchases
- Negotiating and litigating partnership disputes/shareholder disputes and employment disputes
- Handling litigation between businesses
- Selling a restaurant or franchise
- Restructuring finances for hotels, franchises and restaurants
- Dissolving a restaurant, hospitality business or franchise and preparing exit strategies
- Handling other business matters
From our offices in Worcester and Westborough, we serve clients across central Massachusetts and the greater Boston area. For franchise advice from an experienced franchise incorporation attorney and restaurant franchise business consultant, please contact Howard Stempler or any one of our attorneys.