At Seder & Chandler, our lawyers advise business clients about a range of legal issues inherent in the employment relationship. These issues may include recruiting, hiring decisions, termination for cause and the structure of severance packages. We pride ourselves on tailoring our service to the unique aspects of your business, offering the best possible recommendations to protect your business and shielding you from potential liability.
Comprehensive Client Service On Employment Law Issues
Contact us to learn how Seder & Chandler's experience with employment laws affect the daily operations of businesses in nearly every industry and how to meet your goals while still minimizing litigation risk. Our attorneys advise small and mid-sized companies about such matters as:
- Legal implications of the employer-employee relationship
- Hiring, recruiting and employee classification practices
- Broad personnel policies, including drafting or revising employee manuals
- Overtime or wage and hour issues for exempt and nonexempt employees
- Employment issues implicit in a merger or business acquisition
- Independent contractor or third-party agency relationships
- Risk management and supervisor training on discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, whistleblowing and other problems
- Compliance with Massachusetts and federal labor and workplace safety regulations
- Negotiation and documentation of written employment agreements with managers, professionals or key technical personnel
- Policies and contracts covering noncompete, non-solicitation, nondisclosure, trade secrets or data confidentiality considerations
- Workplace privacy issues related to e-mail, Internet use, social networking or cell phones
- Family, medical or pregnancy leave issues under state and federal law
- Workplace disability and accessibility issues, including negotiation of reasonable accommodations under ADA
- Payroll taxes, withholding taxes and quarterly reports
- Investigation of complaints concerning discrimination or sexual harassment
- Response to administrative inquiries or enforcement actions related to employee complaints or employment policies
- Severance negotiations and agreements as a dispute resolution alternative or to terminate a written employment agreement
Seder & Chandler's employment law practice is an essential aspect of the service we provide business clients in the course of a general counsel relationship. We also advise our clients about the best ways to resolve specific problems about individual employees.
Our employment practice is headed by Kurt Binder and Robert Adler, who combine nearly 50 years of experience in the field for Massachusetts employers of all sizes in a wide variety of industries. To learn more about the scope of our practice, contact Seder & Chandler today — we have offices conveniently located in Worcester and Westborough to better serve clients throughout central Massachusetts and the MetroWest Boston area.