Seder & Chandler advises businesses about state and federal taxation issues both locally and nationally. For clients in Massachusetts, we address specific tax problems or incorporate continuing tax advice in the context of a general counsel relationship. Our firm includes attorneys with advanced degrees in taxation, allowing us to provide informed and practical advice.
For national corporations, we assist with the taxation aspects of broader mergers and acquisitions, Massachusetts real estate transactions, or local audit or enforcement problems concerning sales tax, payroll tax or property tax. Contact a taxation lawyer at Seder & Chandler in Worcester or Westborough to learn more about the scope of our practice.
Whether we are acting as general counsel, local counsel or attorneys engaged to resolve specific business tax problems, we can address your tax planning, compliance and appeals issues. We advise businesses about a variety of tax-related issues including:
- Possible consequences of not selecting the appropriate entity selection when forming a business
- Effect of business capitalization and asset characterization decisions
- Seeking tax-exempt status for nonprofit corporations
- Family business tax planning typically coordinated with estate tax planning)
- Adoption and modification of accounting methods
- Possible penalties of real estate transactions, mergers, acquisitions and business sales
- Audit response with the IRS or local tax authorities
- Property tax adjustments and appeals
Our business taxation practice is led by Paul O'Riordan. We can show you how analysis and planning for potential tax consequences can make a significant difference in your net profits and can prevent you from making erroneous capital, income and investment decisions.
Seder & Chandler offers tax assistance to businesses at any scale of operations. We serve clients throughout central Massachusetts and MetroWest Boston facing tax issues. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.