At Seder & Chandler, LLP, we use the bankruptcy system to obtain debt relief for businesses with unmanageable levels of debt. We combine exceptional service with extensive experience to deliver value to our clients.
For advice from an experienced team of bankruptcy lawyers, contact our firm today.
Filing For Bankruptcy In Massachusetts
While every bankruptcy has unique issues, the general process is as follows:
- In an initial consultation, an attorney at our firm can review your situation and discuss your debt relief options, which include bankruptcy filings under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code. We offer free initial consultations to certain consumer debtors, as well.
- We will prepare and file your bankruptcy petition electronically. This puts an automatic stay on repossession, foreclosure, garnishment and collection lawsuits.
- Our firm will prepare a debt relief plan designed to help you obtain maximum debt relief while enabling you to keep as much property as possible.
- Our firm will handle all aspects of your case. Your only responsibilities will be to provide us with information about your debts and income, attend a required credit counseling course and appear in a hearing before the bankruptcy trustee.
- In the trustee hearing, your lawyer will present your debt liquidation plan or debt repayment plan to the trustee. The trustee will ask you a few questions under oath and approve your plan. Creditors have the right to object to the plan, but in a consumer bankruptcy case, they rarely if ever do.
- In a bankruptcy, your dischargeable unsecured debts (credit card debts, medical bills and personal loans) will be liquidated within three months of filing your bankruptcy petition.
- In a bankruptcy, you will begin making your monthly payments after the approval of your debt repayment plan. Your remaining dischargeable unsecured debts will be discharged at the end of the repayment period.
The Chapter 11 bankruptcy process differs in some significant ways. The attorneys at our firm explain these differences in greater detail and answer any additional questions you may have.
Bankruptcy Attorneys In Westborough And Worcester
Seder & Chandler, LLP, has decades of experience helping businesses in Massachusetts obtain debt relief. When you retain us to represent you, we will prepare a customized plan designed to help you obtain maximum debt relief while taking advantage of all available property exemptions.
Contact A Lawyer
For a consultation with a Worcester bankruptcy lawyer, contact Seder & Chandler, LLP.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.